Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 14 (5/17/13)-Coming Home



Today marked the end of our incredible 2 week stay here in Chile. In the morning, Justine, Jessica, and I went to the local mall and vendors to grab some last minute souvenirs and then met up with Javier to grab a pastry at the bakery. We then made our way back and noticed a parade of students marching through the streets playing music. After we got back to the hotel, I finished packing up and we all danced a last dance to ‘Ai Se Eu Te Pego’, our new favorite song. Around 2 o’clock we caught the bus to the airport and said our sad final goodbyes to the Chilean students who helped make these two weeks amazing. After sleeping on the bus for an hour or two, we arrived in Santiago at the airport and began our long day of traveling! We got our bags checked, went through security, and had our last meal in Chile (empanadas of course!). Then we boarded the plane to Texas and made our way back to the U.S.. I want to thank Jorge, Brice, Verner, and all of the Chilean students who helped to make this trip an unforgettable experience that had taught me so much. It has not only taught me more about business and engineering in a different part of the world, but it has helped me to realize what I want to do in the future and has given me a love for travel and experiencing new things. Because of this trip, I am determined to study abroad for a semester and travel as much as I can, which is something I was not convinced I wanted to do before coming. I have met so many amazing people on this trip that I know will be my friends forever. So thank you again to everyone who has given me this opportunity and made this trip the best two weeks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment